Amending eBriefs 1: Creating an interactive witness statement
To create an interactive witness statement that is referred to in the main eBrief, proceed as follows:
- Add the witness statement to your ExhibitManager project, but link it to a dummy/placeholder file in PDF format
- Draft the submission in Microsoft Word and cite exhibits and the witness statement using ExhibitManager
- Draft the witness statement in Microsoft Word and cite exhibits using ExhibitManager
Creating the eBriefs
- Update exhibit numbers in both the main submission and the witness statement (both in Microsoft Word format) using “Update exhibits in multiple submissions” (still keep the dummy/placeholder file link with the witness statement in ExhibitManager)
- Lock all exhibit numbers in the project.
- Create a new, independent eBrief of your main submission using the eBrief Assistant in ExhibitManager. Please note that the dummy/placeholder file that was linked to the witness statement entry in ExhibitManager will be copied to the appropriate folder, using the appropriate file name, depending on your bundle settings (e.g. \Exhibits\Respondent’s witness statements\RWS-1.pdf)
- Create an eBrief of the witness statement using the eBrief Assistant in ExhibitManager.
- Save the witness statement eBrief in the same subfolder of the first eBrief, in which the dummy/placeholder file was saved, by replacing the dummy file (e.g. \Exhibits\Respondent’s witness statements\RWS-1.pdf).
- Choose “Amend eBrief” and select the “eBrief.xml” file that was created together with your main eBrief.
- Continue with the eBrief assistant