We are currently testing several new features which we will include in our next major version update later this year:
- Full-text search exhibits in ExhibitManager.
- Digitally sign your submissions using a qualified digital signature from within ExhibitManager without having to switch to a special signing software.
- Automatically insert the description, date and exhibit number when importing exhibits that have previously been created with ExhibitManager. This feature is very useful and timesaving when importing exhibits from opposing counsel (provided they are using ExhibitManager) or if you are an arbitrator and the parties are using ExhibitManager.
- Automatically insert titles between different exhibit types in lists of exhibits.
One feature we are really excited about is importing emails into ExhibitManager. Drag-and-drop email files (.msg or .eml) into ExhibitManager and ExhibitManager automatically inserts description and date based on the sender, recipient, date, and subject fields in the email. You can further choose to
- convert the email to PDF format, and
- append PDF attachments to the PDF of the email itself instead of including them as attachments. This can tremendously facilitate the printing and viewing process of the exhibits.
We are also testing linking exhibits not only to locally stored files to any URL. This is useful for creating eBriefs that not only link to exhibits physically stored on a memory stick or CD-ROM, but that contain hyperlinks to legal exhibits stored in legal databases (e.g. Swisslex, Westlaw, Decisions of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court, Kluwerarbitration.com etc.).
Finally, we plan to support multi-part exhibits (e.g. Exh. C-1a, Exh. C-1b, Exh. C-1c) and sub-exhibits (e.g. C-1, C-1 Annex A, C-1 Annex B, C-1 Annex C). This is helpful when citing exhibits which are split up in several documents or where citing e.g. a contract with several annexes or appendices.